Ok, at least humorous. Droll? Witty?
Be there or be square.
Top 10 Reasons to Attend Compliance Week 2008
10. SEC Enforcement Director Linda Thomsen will give you tips on how to stay out of hot water;
9. Talk with risk and compliance leaders at Starbucks, Yahoo, HP, Pfizer, Kyocera, Prudential, Merck, PepsiCo, and many others;
8. Come see where FDR wrote his fear itself speech, where Harry Truman resided, where J. Edgar Hoover had lunch every day for 20 years, and where every inaugural ball has been sponsored since Calvin Coolidge;
7. A look at the future of financial reporting, with SEC CIFR Chairman Robert Pozen, PCAOB Director Tom Ray, former SEC Chief Accountant Scott Taub, and others;
6. Tons of networking opportunities, and a new series of small-group Conversations for intimate off-the-record discussions with your peers;
5. FCPA program insights from compliance officers at companies that have been through the wringer, including Chiquita Brands, Baker-Hughes, and Pride International;
4. Our annual much-anticipated keynote from former SEC Chairman Harvey Pitt;
3. The dirty martinis at the Mayflower Hotel’s famous Town & Country bar;
2. Practical guidance on ERM from corporate executives who are leading the charge at Pfizer, Northern Trust, Pitney Bowes, and elsewhere;
1. Attendees can get 12 CPE credits, 12 CLE credits, and ISS director credits that will result in an upward adjustment to your company’s Corporate Governance Quotient.
Join Compliance Week, SEC & PCAOB directors, DoJ officials, and literally hundreds of GRC executives as we explore critical issues related to risk management, FCPA compliance, program effectiveness, reliable financial reporting, and much more at Compliance Week 2008.