Countrywide Needs Some Help – Duh!
A faithful reader and friend brought these two ads to my attention this morning.
Making dreams come true every day. It’s our focus at Countrywide. Explore mortgage lending, insurance and banking with a national presence, global scope and a mission you’ll be proud to share in with the country’s number one home lending source.* There are many options for talented financial professionals. Discover the leading team dedicated to helping more Americans achieve their dreams.
* As ranked for 2006 by Inside Mortgage Finance (Feb. 2, 2007)© 2007.
Vice President, Internal Audit
Primary Responsibilities Include:
· Identifying and developing best practices
· Supervising and effectively managing (i.e. coaching, evaluating, training, etc.) Audit staff and seniors in order to meet Audit schedule-completion objectives
· Managing multiple projects and coordinating staff assignments
· Participating in the Audit planning-process
· Risk-rating auditable activities, identifying new auditable activities, determining staffing requirements and establishing an appropriate time-budget for each
· Writing risk assessments and audit programs
· Acting as auditor-in-charge of complex and high-risk audits and special projects
· Executing audit program-steps
· Writing process-flow documents, performing detailed test-work and summarizing results in work papers
· Reviewing work papers and providing guidance and feedback (as required)
· Participating in exit conferences and discussing issues with Senior Management
· Drafting audit reports for the Group Manager
A Successful Candidate Will Have:
· CPA, CIA, CISA and CIDA designations
· Bachelor’s and/or advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business-related discipline
· 10+ years of auditing experience
· Comprehensive understanding of financial and mortgage industries
· Ability to understand (from breadth of experience) macro corporate-structure and the impact of audit issues on other areas of a company
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proven management skills
Countrywide is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE. M/F/D/V.
Job ID 10064680
Company Name Countrywide Financial Corp.
Job Category Accounting/Finance; Banking/Mortgage
Location Westlake Village, CA
Position Type Full-Time, Employee
Experience 5-10 Years Experience
Desired Education Level Other
Date Posted April 8, 2008